The school year is coming to a close, and the summer is fast approaching. I feel like the Spring season is moving along so quickly. But the last few months have been so hectic and busy, that I am excited for Summer to arrive.
Many people make plans for the summer, but I usually do not. I still can't say that I have any plans for this summer, but there are a few things that I know that I want to do. Hopefully, I can't get them all done.
- I will still be tutoring for the summer. Yes, that's what I do. Some students may need assistance to still pass state assessments. While many others are wanting to be prepared and ahead of the game for next school year.
- I also plan to register the name of my tutoring business with the city. Once I have the name registered and official, I will get my website up and running. The last two years of tutoring have been great, but it has also been a learning experience. So, I realized that I needed to make some adjustments. There will be a few changes in my tutoring business for next year. These changes will help my business to run more smoothly and be more structured.
- My WordPress blog will be finalized and go live soon. (As soon as WordPress support responds to me about some things.) I am excited about the transfer from Blogger to WordPress, but still feeling a little apprehensive. I know that this will mean growth, but I will have much to learn during this transfer.
- I'm finally going to learn how to swim! Yes, I never, ever learned. The goal was to do this last summer, but it didn't happen. But I have confirmed with my friend that he will teach me this summer. The last thing I ever want is to drown or to be around someone else who is drowning and be unable to assist. Watch out, you may soon be calling me "Flipper". Lol.
- And although my allergies beat me up on the regular, I want to spend as much time as possible outdoors for the summer. Walking, biking, visiting the park, and much more. I love the summertime. I love the sun. I'll be sure to take my meds so that my allergies play nice.
- I want to spend as much time as I can with my godson as well. Preparing him for reading and math for next school year. And I want to expose him to new things and places for the summer to expand his culture experience. I want him to have a great summer, too!
Hopefully, I'll be able to get all these things done, and more!
What are your plans for summer?